Recent Presentations about Urban and Reclaimed Wood Research: Omar Espinoza, Robert Smith, and Anna Pitti
- Forest Products Society 73rd International Convention (Atlanta, GA: June 2019)
- 7th Intl Scientific Conference on Hardwood Professing (Delft, Netherlands: Aug. 2019)
- 62nd SWST International Convention (Fish Camp, CA: Oct. 2019)
Markets for Thermally Modified Wood. (Oct. 2019 - Charlottesville, VA). Thermally-Modified Wood Short Course: Omar Espinoza (presentation).
Professional Consumer Perceptions of Thermally-Modified Wood. Shelby Lynn Gamache and Omar Espinoza (webcast).
2017 IUFRO Division 5 Conference (June 2017 - Vancouver, BC, Canada):
- Consumer Perceptions of Thermally Modified Wood. Omar Espinoza, Shelby Lynn Gamache, and Maria Fernanda Laguarda-Mallo (presentation).
- Awareness, Perceptions, and Willingness to Adopt CLT by the U.S. Construction Industry. Maria Fernanda Laguarda-Mallo and Omar Espinoza (presentation).
- Cross-Laminated Timber vs. Concrete: A Cost Comparison. Maria Fernanda Laguarda-Mallo and Omar Espinoza (poster).
2016 World Conference on Timber Engineering (Aug. 2016 - Vienna, Austria):
- Status of Cross-Laminated Timber in North America. Omar Espinoza, Urs Buehlmann, Maria Fernanda Laguarda-Mallo and Vladimir Rodriguez Trujillo (paper).
- Cross-Laminated Timber vs. Concrete/Steel: Cost Comparison Using a Case Study. Maria Fernanda Laguarda-Mallo and Omar Espinoza (paper).
67th FPS International Convention (June 2013 - Austin, Texas):
- Educational Needs in the Forest Products Industry. Omar Espinoza (poster).
- Green Kerfing – Prevention of Structural Lumber Warp. Robert Erickson (poster).
- Classification of Fast-Growing Pine Wood in Uruguay. Application of the Chilean Standards for Conifers. Maria Fernanda Laguarda Mallo (poster).
- Status of Forest Certification. The Case of Bolivia. Omar Espinoza (presentation).
Performance Measurement in a Wood Products Supply Chain. (June 2012 - Washington, D.C.). 66th International Forest Products Society: Omar Espinoza, Brian Bond, and Earl Kline (presentation).
Product Development for Competitive Advantage in the Forest Products Industry. (June 2012 - Washington, D.C.). 66th International Forest Products Society: Omar Espinoza (poster).
Performance Measurement in a Wood Products Supply Chain. (May 2012 - Bayport, MN). Andersen Windows: Omar Espinoza (presentation).
Product Development and Management for Competitive Advantage. (Oct. 2011 - Warroad, MN). Marvin Windows and Doors: Omar Espinoza (presentation).
Sustainable Forest Biorefineries. (Oct. 2011 - Minneapolis, MN) AICHE Meeting Plenary Session – World Congress on Sustainable Engineering: Shri Ramaswamy (presentation).